The "new" Windows browser has blossomed in recent years and is used much more frequently than its predecessor. For many it is the default browser on Windows 10. But sometimes it happens and Microsoft Edge does not work. Those who want to avoid directly on Chrome, Firefox and Co. can do the following:
Sudden Shutdown: Microsoft Edge does not work
The new Windows 10 browser that Microsoft Edge download is, indeed grown steadily over the years of its existence and has greatly gained in stability in order to have his predecessor, the well-hated Internet Explorer behind. Nevertheless, it can happen from time to time that Microsoft's gateway to the Internet closes suddenly caught or not start until.
Sometimes, a simple reboot of the entire system helps get everything running smoothly again. But every now and then even that is not enough. Then it helps to repair the app or if necessary completely reset Windows 10 on an earlier date. But let's start with the simple solution actionable proposals.
Microsoft Edge does not work? Here's tips on how you bring the browser back into shape. (Image: Microsoft / Editorial)
App damaged? Problem can be resolved quickly
At best, your antivirus program or firewall simply blocks the browser. Checks if this is so, and if so, it changes by your Edge is in the exception list. The program may also not start because the Windows firewall is just not activated.
Do you have a firewall and antivirus program excluded, you can also see if the problem is general, and perhaps there is a new Windows Update. For this you simply looks in the system settings and updates when possible.
Sometimes it is also easy on the app. Microsoft Edge not working properly? A new installation of the browser is not readily possible - to your needs the PowerShell. But you can only once with a Microsoft tool try to repair the app.
Actually, the browser looks quite chic, but sometimes every tool fails the service. (Image: Microsoft)
Joined sometimes works wonders
But you can first try to start the program with a new profile again:
- Finished Edge, if not already done.
- Opens the File Explorer and give up the path "% Localappdata% \ Packages \ Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ AC" on. Optionally, you can also use Windows Key + R button, copy the path into the open field and run.
- Then your names the "Microsoft Edge" folder by right-clicking into "Old-Microsoft Edge."
- then re-opens the Run window with Windows Key + R, give "regedit"And starts.
- Maneuvered to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ AppContainer \ Storage \ microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ Microsoft Edge
- Renames Microsoft Edge into --MicrosoftEdge.
- Now you can launch the browser with a new profile.
You can register the browser as well as new, if still get the message "Microsoft Edge does not work":
- Selects All apps on the Start menu and open there the Windows PowerShell with a right click. In the context menu you runs the tool as an administrator.
- The PowerShell window opens. There give you (in a row), type: Add-AppXPackage-DisableDevelopmentMode register "C: \ Windows \ System Apps \ Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ AppXManifest.xml".
- Once everything is ready, you will start the browser again.
Who is proficient in the English language and want to go a little deeper into the matter, can also be guided by the following video:
More broadly System Restore
well that does not work, it might help to help the whole system on the jumps. For the Edge Browser has strong roots in Windows.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu
- Selects here the System and Security category, where the issue of safety and maintenance.
- Bottom right you will find the entry recovery. Then you click open System Restore. Confirm with Next.
- You now see a list of possible recovery points. Selects, you know from her that Edge has there still functioning normally. Confirmed with Next.
- Closes all other open programs and start the system restore them by clicking Finish. Now wait is announced. Let the system only once in peace.
If necessary, you can of course also equal use of the club and everything to factory settings (WIndows 10 to factory settings), or even reinstall the entire operating system (Windows 10 Clean Install: Clean reinstallation).
Alternatively, you can of course switch directly to another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox download, if all else fails and Microsoft Edge does not work, even though you have tried everything. Nor is this problem - only with the forthcoming Windows S because you will have problems, you should use it.